Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Searching for the Maltese Family of Peter Paul Buttigieg in Gibraltar


Wednesday, the 25th of July, is the day I promised myself I was going to make all the necessary phone calls to Gibraltar in search of my Buttigieg line.  I have 19 phone numbers.  This is something I have never done before.  To call perfect strangers and say hey I think you're my relative is going to feel awkward.  My gg granduncle moved to Gibraltar in 1889.  I know that because I found his passport application leaving Malta.  Peter Paul Buttigieg is his name and he was born 1 Apr 1871.  He is the brother to my gg grandfather Bernard Borg.  If you are wondering how there could be two different names it will have to wait until I get all the facts down before I pass around theories.  I can assure you it is an interesting story amd that is the reason why I am calling all the Buttigieg's in Gibraltar.  They will have the actual story and once I learn the truth I will pass it on.   Wish me luck...

No comments:

WELCOME!

Welcome to BACK to MALTA blog!

There are more Maltese outside the Maltese Islands than there are citizens residing in the country itself. The Maltese outside Malta are either emigrants or descendents of emigrants. The countries which have most traditionally hosted the Maltese diaspora are Australia, Canada, the U.S.A., and Britain. Nevertheless, there are Maltese living in virtually every country around the world and this blog will travel the world in hopes of bringing the Maltese back to Malta.

Total Pageviews